macOS Sierra updated guide: http://rossfisher.me/2016/12/how-to-bcm94352z-for-hackintosh-including-5ghz-patch-handoff-and-hotspot-macos-sierra/
BCM94352Z is the recommended card for 10.11+ Hackintoshes these days, it’s a 802.11ac/BT4 Handoff compatible card which comes in the M.2 form factor. You can find some US based sellers on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2k1MZY0
I created this post as there is not yet a straightforward guide without the gobbly-goop of developer discussion and unrelated information for other cards. This guide assumes that you use Clover and install kexts using Clover (EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/). I don’t believe in installing Kexts to /Library/Extensions of any sort as changes are lost after a OS reinstall. Having them all on my EFI partition simply allows me to backup my machine level configuration by copying the EFI folder (and is handy for testing as I can simply make edits to my Hackintosh boot USB’s EFI partition and boot off it to test changes first).
Before you begin:
Have a USB Bootable drive with a working Clover boot loader in case things go wrong. I take no responsibility for this guide, all risk is on you!
First: Installing Kexts to get Wifi+BT working:
- Download the latest release from http://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads
- Download the latest release from http://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-brcmpatchram/downloads
- Copy BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext to your EFI partition (EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/) — Note that this is for Clover EFI boot only and you’ll need a different file or two for /Library/Extension usage which I’m not covering
- Reboot, 2.4Ghz WiFi and Bluetooth should work
Second: Patching for 5Ghz, HandOff and iPhone HotSpot usage (Assumes USA bands only for this guide)
- Download this plist file, extract and open it in something like Sublime Text or GitHub Atom: http://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini/blob/master/config-bcm94352-110.plist.zip
- Open Clover Configurator and mount your EFI Partition, open your config.plist
- Using the downloaded plist file as your guide, manually make changes in Clover Configurator to match READ FURTHER before modifying!
- Skip the section ACPI which says to check/enable AddDTGP_0001 and FixAirport_4000, this caused me kernel panics
- Check off/enable kext-dev-mode=1 in “Boot” section (May not be needed)
- Paste 0x43a014E4 into WIFI of the FakeID section of the Devices Page
- Now you’ll need to Copy+Paste in the actual patches which gets 5Ghz, Handoff and HotSpot working. Section: KextsToPatch.
- Press + then double click each input field (like using Excel), paste in Comment, Find, Name and Replace making sure to exclude < and > or ” “. Comment = “10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv”; becomes 10.11-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-dv and Find = <4183fcff 742c48>; becomes 4183fcff 742c48 for example.
- SystemParameters -> InjectKexts = YES
Reboot and test, all should be working!